The World War II Bombing of Nook Farm

Seventy years ago Nook Farm was destroyed by German bomb. This is vividly recalled by George Moss in his book “Village of Moonbeams” first published by CC Publishing in 1998 and reprinted in 2008. To commemorate this CC Publishing have kindly allowed us to reproduce this extract. “Village of Moonbeams”…

Continue reading

Charles E Bebbington

Charles Bebbington lived in Poplar Cottage in the High Street. For over a century (1840-1942), it was occupied by the Bebbington family who were cabinetmakers and wood carvers, the last member being Charles Bebbington who was Church Sexton and Parish Clerk at the Parish Church for 39 years.

Continue reading