All meetings, unless otherwise stated, are held at
Wallerscote Community School at 7.30 pm on the second Tuesday of the
Programme 2010 - 2011
- 14th September
- Kevin Watson
- Project Director
- Englesea Brook Methodist Chapel & Museum
- " Singing the Lord's Song in a strange land -
- Primitive Methodism in the United States "
- 12th October
- Major John Ellis
- Retired Major, Cheshire Regiment
- " Readings from World War One "
- 9th November
- Dr. Janet Hollinshead
- Retired Head of History, Liverpool Hope University
- " Tudor Liverpool : politics in a small town "
- 14th December - Christmas Party
- Dorothy Nicolle
- Tourist guide, lecturer & writer
- " All about Christmas "
- 11th January
- Colin Edmondson
- River Weaver Navigation Society, committee member
- & River Weaver researcher
- " The history of the River Weaver
- - a one hour introduction "
- 8th February
- Steve Binns MBE
- Liverpool City Council's Community Historian
- " The life & times of William Ewart Gladstone "
- 8th March - Annual General Meeting
- Hugh Beggs
- Retired schoolmaster
- " Widely as his Mersey flows "
- 12th April
- John Dickenson
- Assistant Secretary, Lancaster University
- " Misericordes of Cheshire "
- 10th May
- Dr. David Woolliscroft
- Department of Archaeology
- University of Liverpool
- " Agricola : he came, he saw, but did he conquer? "
- 14th June
- Edward Hilditch
- Vice Chairman
- Burton & Neston Local History Society
- " A Cheshire Diary 1890 - 1914 "
- 12th July
- Michael Murphy
- Former history teacher
- " The role of the louse in history "