Latest posts at Sunday, March 18th, 2018
- Theres loads of talks about the First World war in the next couple of months. There has been great interest in the collection of Winnington photographs in our Archives. There must have been many Women fron Weaverham working at Brunner Mond during the First World War. Have a look at the articles at https://diversenarritives.com/
- photographs from Winnington Works and earlier will be on display at the meeting tommorrow. Theres a lot of them. We will have to split them over a least 2 meetlngs.
- Our next meeting is on tuesday the 13th. Our Speaker will be Dr Mike Nevell. The subject of his talk will be " Rediscovering Roman Northwich." 7.30 at UPAW, former Wallerscote School.
- There will be days soon when we can sit outside watch cricket and research a few Historic ciders and ales. roll on summer.
- Our display on Local Writers can be seen for four weeks at Sandiway Library. pop in and have a look. Later in the year it will be at Northwich Library. Sandiway Library has our programmes on their leaflet stand.
- Go on give them a cheer if you are in Chester this Saturday.
- The subject of our talk on Tuesday the 13th of Febuary is the the Duke of Bridgewater, Francis Egerton and how he became involved in Canals, Our Speaker is Bernard Dennis.
There will also be 2 recently discovered account books for the Barrymoore Institute on show.
- Some of you who attended last weeks fascinating talk "DNA and the Vikings" by Professor Stephen Harding of Nottingham University might be interested in this family event by Viking Chester https://www.facebook.com/events/2017332758549356/
- A quick flutter on the 2.30 at Chester and home for tea and a cake.
- Then to Annes cakeshop for some chelsea buns
- Its a fine day in 1995, just right for a stroll along the Northwich Road Shops
- A big attendence at the meeting tonight, Professor Harding was quite stunned. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, once again thanks everyone for supporting us
- " DNA and the Vikings" is the subject of our talk on tuesday the 9th of january, 7.30pm at the University Primary Academy Weaverham (Wallerscote School). Our speaker will be Professor Stephan Harding of Nottingham University. Its free for full time Students.Visitors £2.00
- Wishing all our friends a Happy New Year.
- Happy Christmas to all our Members and Friends.
- There will not be a meeting on the 12th of December. This has been posted wrong in the Hartford news. Our next meeting will be on the 9th of January and will be Professor Stephen Harding. "DNA AND THE VIKINGS"
- Lots and lots of Christmas events in Weaverham on the Weaverham Trust facebook page. The History Society will be taking afternoon tea at Arley Hall for our Christmas event in December, there will be no main meeting.
- Talk to last one hour, display of Local Authors, refreshments after talk.